About the Club Development Officer Scheme
The Club Development Officer role is a collaborative partnership between the Shire of Northam and the Department of Sport and Recreation, developed to support clubs in reaching their full potential.
The program aims to assist clubs to create healthy, welcoming and inclusive sporting environments to increase participation both on and off the field. We support clubs and their volunteers by providing a variety of resources, including holding workshops and seminars to ensure your club has the best possible chance to achieve ongoing sustainability.
The health benefits of participating in sports clubs have been well documented and as such the program not only aims to empower clubs, but in turn hopes to improve the health of those in the community through the social and physical benefits of belonging to a sports club.
Key Objectives of the Club Development Officer
- Enhance capacity of sport and its clubs to deliver services to the community
- Increase capability of sport/clubs to achieve ongoing sustainability
- Develop excellent working relationships between all relevant government departments, sport and clubs
- Develop a culture based on partnerships and collaboration that encourages the sharing of resources
Clubs Pack: The Shire of Northam Club Management Guide
Significant expectations are placed on volunteers in sporting and recreation clubs, so this information pack has been put together with key information and requirements relevant to your role as a committee member and to help clubs deal with common club development issues, whether they are just starting up or have new committee members looking to understand their roles better.
This resource can be used as a guide to help club committees with everything from constitutions and strategic planning to committee job descriptions and sponsorship.
View the Shire of Northam Club Management Guide
Club Development Newsletter
A Club Development Newsletter is produced quarterly. If your club has any achievements, events, stories or people you would like to promote or recognise in future issues of the newsletter, please contact the Shire of Northam's Club Development Officer on (08) 9622 5153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the latest edition of the March 2017 Newsletter for useful resources, advice and opportunities for sporting groups within the Shire of Northam. Please feel free to distribute to your clubs and members.
Why sport and recreation clubs are important
- Active kids learn better.
- Kids who participate in sport and recreation are physically and mentally healthier.
- Clubs bring people and communities together.
- Clubs are a great place to meet lifelong friends.
- Some of the best conversations you will ever have with your kids will be in the car to and from training, to and from the game.
- Learn positive values.
- Kids who join clubs feel part of the community and develop a sense of pride in that community.
- It’s fun!
Why you should consider joining a club and volunteering
- You will be doing something to help your kids.
- It will bring the family closer.
- You will learn new skills.
- Some of your club mates will become your best mates.
- It’s fun!
For a list of local clubs and associations open the link below...
Club Contact list