The Department of Sport and Recreation in partnership with the Department of Local Government and Communities have created this trial program to address the financial barrier for older members of our community to get involved and stay active in later years.
SilverSport supports seniors aged 60 years and over to participate in sport and active recreation. SilverSport will allow eligible seniors to apply for financial assistance to contribute towards sporting club or physical activity program fees of up to $200 per person.
SilverSport is available from 1 July 2016 – 30 June 2017 subject to funding.
How do I apply?
Complete the Application Form and submit it to your local government with a copy of your proof of age and Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card.
The local government will assess your eligibility and contact you with an outcome within 10 working days.
If your application form is approved by your local government, you can register for your chosen SilverSport activity.
The SilverSport provider will invoice the local government for the cost of your fees up to the value of $200.
Am I eligible?
- Applicants must be 60 years and over.
- Applicant must have a valid Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card.
- Applicant must be a resident of one of the participating local governments including the City of Belmont, City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder (including Shire of Coolgardie), City of Kwinana and Shire of Northam.
- Maximum of $200 per person.
- Applicants can apply for multiple activities subject to available funding (up to $200 per person).
- SilverSport funding is only for the agreed season or program period.
- No retrospective fees will be paid.
- If uniform or equipment is included as part of the SilverSport provider fee structure then this can be covered by SilverSport (up to $100).
- Uniform or equipment costs are subject to agreement with your local government.
What activities can I do?
- SilverSport providers can include clubs, community organisations, businesses and recreation centres who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Your chosen SilverSport provider must be registered with your local government.
- To find a local sport and active recreation club or programs in your area contact your local government directly or visit their website for a list of approved providers.
- To search for clubs in your area go to the Department of Sport and Recreation’s ClubsOnline website at dsr.wa.gov.au/find-a-club.
Current Registered SilverSport Providers
Northam Swimming Pool
Mitchell Ave, Northam
Wundowie Swimming Pool
Wandoo Parade, Wundowie
Unit 1, 12 Yilgarn Ave, Northam
0448 644 546
Northam Senior Citizens Social Club
RSL Memorial Hall Fitzgerald Street, Northam
0417 178 968
Regional Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic
306 Fitzgerald Street, Northam
Northam Bowling Club
44 Robinson Street, Northam
0434 541 884
Northam Recreation Centre
44 Peel Terrace, Northam
Northam Gun Club
Lot 41 Katrine Road, Northam
0417 990 715
Northam Country Club - Golf Division
15 Wood Drive, Northam
0403 901 235
The Orienteering Association of Western Australia
0417 919 513
Northam Country Club - Tennis Division
15 Wood Drive, Northam
113 Wellington Street, Northam
El Caballo Social Golf Club Inc
171 Almond Avenue, Bakers Hill
0417 183 313
For more information
Alternatively you can contact the Shire of Northam Recreation Centre by telephone 9622 5153 or email email@example.com, visit the Department of Sport and Recreation website www.dsr.wa.gov.au/silversport, or contact the Department of Sport and Recreation by email firstname.lastname@example.org.