RoadWise Committee Advisory Group
The Northam Roadwise Committee Advisory Group has been formed with representatives from the Shire of Northam’s staff and elected Council members, Western Australian Local Government Association (WALGA), Northam District Police, Main Roads Western Australia, Emergency Services, community members and selected key stakeholders.
The Committee meets on a monthly basis to discuss and develop strategies which encourage community participation and promote education aimed at achieving a safer road environment for all road users within the region.
The purpose of the Committee is to:
- Coordinate and/or develop programs and projects that address the cornerstones of Towards Zero, the WA Road Safety Strategy 2008-2020.
- Encourage safe use of the road network by motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Raise community awareness of road safety issues in the Shire.
- Develop and/or promote the submission of funding applications for the road safety initiatives.
- Improve road safety through education and behavioral change in the Shire
If you would like more information about RoadWise please contact Mr Cliff Simpson, Road Safety Advisor (WALGA) on (08) 9622 2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively visit the Roadwise website at http://www.roadwise.asn.au/, or for information about the Road Safety Commission go to https://rsc.wa.gov.au/.