KidSport - Helping eligible children to participate in community sport.
The Shire of Northam in partnership with the Department of Sport and Recreation is proud to deliver the KidSport program to our community.
What is KidSport?
KidSport is an initiative by the Department of Sports and Recreation (DSR) aiming to make it possible for Western Australian Children to participate in community sport and recreation, no matter what their financial circumstances.
KidSport allows eligible youth aged 5 - 18 years to apply for financial assistance towards their club fees. The fees go directly from the Shire to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project. If your club is not currently participating, encourage them to.
All you need to do to register your club is follow the link to the DSR Website and Register. www.dsr.wa.gov.au/clubs. You will need to register for Clubs online. Once your club is registered there is a button in the middle of the Home Page to Register for KidSport.
Am I Eligible?
- Applicant must be aged 5 - 18 years;
- Applicant must have a current Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card;
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to (exceptions may apply);
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area.
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club
- Maximum of up to $200 per child
- Applications can only receive funding once per calendar year
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season
- No retrospective fees will be pad
- No limitation to applications per family as long as the criteria is met
- Applications must be returned to your sporting club who will pass it on to the local government.
More information about KidSport can be found on the KidSport Fact Sheet.
You can apply for KidSport assistance by completing the KidSport Application form