Skip to Content

Crossover Information 

What is a crossover?

A crossover (also known as a driveway) is the access point from a property to the road edge. It is typically located within the road reserve and requires special conditions for construction and maintenance.

Do I need approval to construct or change a crossover?

Yes, as a landowner you must apply for approval to construct a new crossover or to amend an existing crossover prior to any works commencing. Further information and an application form can be found on the following links:

Crossover Information Sheet

Crossover Application Form

Crossover specification and design requirements

Crossovers need to be constructed to the Shire of Northam’s approved standards. Further information on compliance criteria for dimensions and materials can be found on the following link:

Standard Detail Drawing for Crossovers

Crossover Subsidy

Landowners that wish to construct a crossover may be eligible for a subsidy, Council will contribute 50% of the cost up to a maximum value governed by the crossover type. Further details can be found on the following link:

Crossover Policy

More information and contact

For further information please contact Engineering Services on 9622 6100 or email [email protected]